I discovered “Touch in Sol” over two years ago when I received a sample of their Pure Dew Water Drop BB Cream from Priceline’s Skincare Bag (that BB Cream is amazing btw!).
Just the other day I walked into Priceline and they were having a Skincare sale and I realised that Touch in Sol was on sale, and I’ve always wanted to try out their other products. So there I was, purchasing this Honey Moon Skin Base product.
The product comes in a box and it is used as a facial toner/primer before applying your foundation/make-up. I am completely new to using primer and I do not know the benefits of it or what it’s meant to do! So if you’re like me, let’s define “Primer”.
Primer: “Makeup primer is a base for foundation or face makeup that allows it to go on smoother and last longer. Formulas are available in cream, gel and powder.” (Oliver, 2015). Okay, awesome, now I can continue!
The ingredients are Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid and Honey Extract.
“The product is to improve discoloured skin while boosting natural radiance.” (Priceline). My intentions were to use it as a primer and see if my makeup would last throughout the day.
So let’s look at some before & after photos.
The image below is my “no make-up” face, however, I have Natural Republic’s Aloe Vera Moisturizer applied beforehand. Notice I’m breaking out because of my unhealthy lifestyle, and I’m really trying to get it back on track!
Before I started applying the product, I just wanted to show you the texture of it.
I hope you can see it, it sort of blended in with the lighting and my skin. But it was a little gel-like, but sticky gel (hence the honey).
And then I applied it evenly over my face and patted it in until it was fully absorbed.
To achieve this look I used these products (in order):
- Nature Republic’s Aloe Vera Moisturizer
- Touch in Sol’s Honey Moon Skin Base
- Model’s Prefer Essential Brow Kit (I use the darker shade to outline my brows)
- Nyx’s Professional Makeup Tinted Brow Mascara in Espresso
- Nyx’s Professional Makeup Control Freak Gel
- Tarte Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette (Used Sassy Bun & Sippy Sippy for my eyeshadow & Does This Thing Really Work for my cheek)
- Maybelline Hypersharp Wing Eyeliner
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
- Colourpop Swerve Gel Eyeliner
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Foundation in Vanilla
- Benefit’s Boi-ing Air Brush Concealer in Medium
- KoKo Kollection by Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Doll
- Savvy Pressed Powder in Sandy Beige
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Oh wow, that’s a lot, but so worth it!
& a few hours later…
& even after taking a nap, I still had make-up on & it didn’t rub off!
I didn’t take a photo because I took a video instead, but believe me.
In conclusion, I really do like the product and I’m not used to the stickiness, but hey it’s honey. It made my makeup last for the whole day, so I’m really satisfied!
Thanks for reading! x