October has been an interesting month for me – had a few things going on, so can’t wait to share it with you! Here’s my previous one, “Reflecting on September“, just so you can pick up the pieces to the story 🙂
- Running training sessions for my volunteering position at Oaktree: I went through Time Management training and Facilitation training with the team!
- Working my first shift for the casual position: progress & money!
- March’s weight management: he has lost 800 grams within 3-4 weeks, which is great and I’m super stoked!
- Catching up with my previous work bestie: we went out for breakfast and just had a little catch-up session, which was great because I haven’t seen him in ages!
- Had dinner with my previous work girls: we haven’t seen each other since I’ve left back in March, so it was really nice to catch up over dinner.
- Lochlan’s birthday: it was my cousin’s 11th birthday, so that was also nice to spend family time.
- Someone new: I’m talking to someone new and I’m really happy so far.
- Not being able to attend YAN events or meetings due to a busy schedule.
- Still having to re-pay things for my last relationship: it is my fault as well, but also I shouldn’t be responsible for it. I just want nothing to do with him anymore, you know? Like his family should just take care of it.
- Was sick with a tongue ulcer: that was horrible, could not eat or talk properly.
- Not knowing what we were: At that point, I had no clue what we were, what was going on or how things were going to be.
Maturity & Experiences
- Being alone: I’ve started to enjoy my freedom a little more. Being single isn’t that bad, is it? Read my post “Being Single” for more in-depth information on where I’m at in life.
- Being less crazy: I know that with my previous relationships, my insecurities were a huge trigger in the problems that were raised within the relationship (but also them lol – like pfft, I’m not the only one to blame). But now, I’m quite calmer and chilled with whatever’s happening at the moment 🙂
- Independence: At this stage in my life, I’m starting to do things for myself and I really just want that to stick to that regime. I don’t want anyone redefining my needs and wants.
How was your October? 🙂